Showing 1–60 of 141 results
Showing 1–60 of 141 results
Buy Designer Earrings for Women at Aferando :-
For women, getting ready is incomplete if the earrings are missing. The jewelry that decorates the ears is called earrings. One can pierce the earlobes to wear earrings or get artificial ones that do not require piercing of ears. A good pair of earrings can compliment an outfit and enhance the features of the wearer.
Be it a traditional or western outfit, one or the other pair of earrings can complete the whole look and make it look even more remarkable. Not just that, earrings add a balance and shape to our face, highlighting our features and ultimately, transforming our look.
History of Earrings
Throughout the recorded history of ornaments, earrings, or the accessories that decorate the ears, have been one of the principal forms of jewelry. The earliest archaeological evidence of earrings worn as an ornament dates back to 2500 B.C.E., to the Sumerian women wearing crescent-shaped golden hoops.
By 1000 B.C.E., the boat-shaped earrings or tapered rings made of gold, silver, and bronze had spread throughout Western Asia and the Aegean world. Around 1500 B.C.E., both men and women in Egypt started wearing earrings.
The primary function of the earrings has always been decorative. Other than tying together the fashionable outfit, earrings are traditionally worn as a symbol of tribal or cultural identity in many contexts and cultures. They used to symbolize marital status, rank, and were also believed to have medicinal powers.
In the first millennium B.C.E., Greek and Etruscan civilizations refined earrings so that they were valued as both a sign of wealth as well as adornment. By the late 17th century, earrings were an important element of the dress and look.
For a long time, the term earring referred to the ornaments that were worn or attached to our earlobes. However, in the late 20th century, this term expanded to include other decorations also, instead of being limited to the earlobes. It became an umbrella term for the ornaments worn on the different parts of our ears, also including ear cuffs.
In the beginning, as the term suggests, these ornaments were worn by the women. But, with changing time and fashion, people started wearing jewelry in the form of earrings, on other parts of the body as well.
People pierce their noses, tongues, eyebrows, and other parts of the body, and wear the same piece of jewelry there as well. Thus, the meaning and scope of this piece of jewelry diversified even more with new trends and fashion.
Not just the area where the ornament is worn, the process of piercing to attach the earrings also changed. Earlier, people used to drill a hole in the earlobes and then pass a loop to wear earrings. It was painful, and the spot was not suitable for wearing heavy earrings in the beginning.
However, a variety of methods and devices started emerging for carrying out the same process in a better manner. Spring clips, screw backs, and other tensioning devices are among the plethoras of tools that one can opt for, to pierce their ears.
Different Types of Indian Earrings
A brimming jewelry box is the dream of every girl. Having the perfect set of earrings ready-to-go with every outfit, for every occasion is almost mandatory.
There are a variety of earrings that an Indian girl can opt for, as per her budget, outfit, style, event, and other factors. Following are the types of Indian earrings that you can stock up on to be earring-ready for different outfits:
- Jhumkas are the go-to earring for women of all ages today. They are great accessories that brighten up the look in both semi-formal as well as huge functions like weddings. One can pair them up easily with any outfit of any color.
- Cluster earrings are the traditional temple jewelry that is perfect for family functions, with the right amount of sparkle.
- Studs are the one earring type that women can rely upon for everyday wear. Be it a regular kurta or a party outfit, they go beautifully and complete the look.
- Hoop earrings have been a hit since they came into the market. They never left the fashion scene and probably never will. They go nicely with all the outfits.
- Danglers are trendy and spice up the look immediately. They are the best picks for parties like cocktail nights.
- Chandelier earrings are the sophisticated piece of jewel that can be paired with western as well as ethnic styles. From Anarkali to designer saris, they score extra points in grace and style.
- Ear cuffs take the style to another level with the colorful beads adding life to the look. They look great with the messy braid and give wings to the fusion style.
- Feather earrings are worth experimenting with. Try the funky pair of earrings to check out a new look. They are the sporty complementing accessories for parties or even day outs with friends.
- Chandbalis complete the look of outfits by adding personality to the face. One can rely on this pair of earrings and skip other accessories. They are one-jewel-army of your collection.
Different Types of Earring Work
There are different types of earring work one can choose from while planning a royal event or a traditional Indian wedding.
Thousands of years old, Kundan jewelry dates back to the grandeur of the Mughal era. Kundan is made up of a glass polki or the glass stone. It is very shiny and in demand.
Traditionally, the Rajasthani style jewelry is of Kundan. The Kundan earrings are the royal and elite jewelry which reminds us of the rich Indian heritage. It takes an incredible amount of time, craftsmanship, and skills to make this intricate piece of jewelry.
While looking for jewelry, all of us must have laid our eyes upon the Meenakari earrings at some point in time. The bright earrings are so fancy and spellbinding, one cannot miss them at any cost. Meenakari first came to India around 500 years ago.
At that time, nobody thought that they would stick for long, but they ended up staying for centuries to come. In the Meenakari technique, the metal of the earring is coated with colorful enamel.
This gives a glassy look to the otherwise monotonous gold and silver medals. No royal collection is complete without Meenakari earrings.
The other style of earrings that are like a blend of many different royal jewelry styles are the Jadau. They are an overload of precious stones and diamonds, set in sparkling gold, and a pattern of deep layers with the colored enamels.
Jadau is a renowned style of jewelry that dates back to the Mughal era. Jadau earrings have adorned the bodies of princesses and royal queens and still beautify the looks of women today.
The Jadau earrings speak volumes about the wearer. They are a unique amalgamation of the beauty of Kundan, Polki, and Meenakari.
The most dazzling look comes with the classy yet sober American Diamond earrings. It is the synthetic form of diamond made in labs for those looking for a cheaper alternative to real diamonds.
However, they give a glamorous appeal with the shine and glaze resembling that of the real ones. They are women’s best friends as they go with all sorts of outfits and events.
They hold a special place in the jewelry collection. From Jhumkas to studs, danglers, hoops, and chandeliers, all sorts of earrings are available in American Diamond.
How to Choose Earrings Based on Face Type
The key to choosing the best earring that would complement your look is to find one that suits your face. Sometimes, a pair of earrings might look good on your friend’s face but not on yours.
The reason behind this is that different people have faces of different shapes and sizes. Picking an appropriate earring involves considering all the factors. These factors include our outfit, features, the event one would be attending, the shape of the face, colors in the outfit, length and color of our hair, length of our neck as well as shape and size of our ears.
Hence, one should always try to buy earrings themself, and try them before purchasing to see how they look.
Some essential key points one should remember while picking the earrings are:
- Women with sharp features should sweeten up the face with hoops or round earrings to soften the features. On the other hand, those with flat features should sharpen the look with angular earrings that are pointed, like those with triangles, stars, diamonds, etc.
- Women with small faces should go for long earrings. Those with long necks and triangular cheeks can also go for the long ones, but women with right-angled cheeks or short necks should not wear long earrings.
- Women with round or rectangular cheeks should not wear big, round earrings; however, they are perfect for those with triangular cheeks as well as big ears.
- Women with oval-shaped faces can wear any type and size of earrings. The reason behind this is that oval faces are very proportionate, and any size and type of earrings can easily enhance the appearance.
- Small earrings complement all sorts of faces of different shapes and sizes. Not just looks, they pair nicely with all outfits and haircuts too.
- Women with big ears or short hair should avoid wearing long earrings so as to not attract unwanted attention to that area.
How to Choose Earrings Based on Skin Tone
When we wear earrings, the eyes of a beholder do not just fall on the heavy jhumka or golden hoop, it also falls on our face, neck, and ultimately skin. Thus, considering only style and preference while buying a set of earrings is not enough. This calls for a purchase that fits the skin tone.
A heavy golden earring might look good on a friend but not give the same sparkle to you. An earring needs to complement the skin tone.
Specific stones and metals perfectly suit some skin tones while making the look dull for others. This is directly linked with the skin tone of the person and not the skin color.
Many people get confused between skin color and tone. The primary difference between them is that one remains constant, while the other can change. Environmental factors like harsh sunlight, tanning, burns, and other factors can contribute to the change in skin tone.
However, the skin colour of a person remains constant. It can be easily tracked back to the biological makeup and ethnicity of a person that is composed of melanin, pigmentation, and others.
One can find out their skin tone by looking at the color of veins popping at their wrists. Those who have green veins have a warm skin tone; blue or purple ones have a calm skin tone, and both blue and green ones have a neutral skin tone.
The Metal Preferences as per the Skin Tone:
- Earrings that are made of light metals, for instance- silver, white gold, or platinum go nicely with a calm skin tone.
- Rose gold, brass, copper, and gold earrings look great on people with warm skin tones.
- People with neutral skin tones are lucky as they can get the best of the other two skin tone preferences. In other words, both white and yellow metals complement the neutral skin tone.
It is not just the metal that decides whether an earring would look good on a specific skin tone or not, but the gemstones. The focal point of all the earrings is the gemstone.
Wearing the right metal and not matching the jewel with skin tone would still turn out to be odd and unflattering. To wear the right earring, you need to check whether the gemstone goes with your skin tone.
The Gemstone Preferences as per the Skin Tone
- Blue, purple, or other bright colors look great on the cool skin tones. The colorful stones add liveliness and spark to the cold skin. Thus, opting for gems like amethysts or sapphires goes a long run with a calm skin tone.
- People with warm undertones should go for an earthy color with gemstones like red, orange, yellow, turquoise, and brown. The earrings with garnets, rubies, citrine, and coral gemstones look beautiful on a warm skin tone. The reason behind this is that people with a friendly manner have a yellow hue, and the earthy skin tone matches well with gemstones of other earthy tones.
- People with neutral skin tone can go for any gemstone they want. Unlike warm or cool undertones, everything goes great with the neutral tones, so they have a variety of gemstones they can choose from.
Those who have trouble figuring out their skin tones or do not want to compromise on the colors, metals, or gemstones because of their undertone can always go for diamond earrings. Diamonds look spectacular on warm, calm, as well as neutral skin tones. To lift any look and compliment any outfit, one can go for a standard pair of diamond earrings.
How to Deal With Heavyweight Earrings
Heavy earrings are the trend today. Even a plain outfit can become eye-catching with a heavy earring. Wearing heavy jhumkas or dangling earrings hanging and moving to and fro adds beauty and grace to the look. Yet, they can be a lot of work, take a toll on the shape and condition of our ears, and leave one in pain later.
To keep a beautiful look and not compromise on comfort, you can use some tips and tricks to prevent severe damage in the long run:
- The tricky part about heavy earrings is not their weight but the way it is distributed. They put pressure on a specific small portion of the ears. However, one can use a tiny patch or tape at the back for support and alleviate the stress.
- Using the Ser is the best way of wearing a massive pair of earrings and supporting the earlobes by adding more grace. The Ser is a delicate metal chain that goes in the piercing on one end and is pinned to the hair on the other to support the lobes beautifully.
- One can easily bear the weight of the heavy earrings by shifting to clip-on. The clip-on is easy to use and also comes in a variety of shades like copper, silver, and gold to match the earring and remain hidden.
- Opt for the heavy-looking pair of earring that is made of lightweight metal or hollow wood so that it looks heavy but does not stretch or strain the earlobes.
To be on the safer side, one should try to prevent lobe damage by keeping a gap between two consecutive events that demand a heavy earring look.
Those who already have excessive damage can go for a small surgery to strengthen the lobes or get a Restylane filler injection. Always wear what you feel is beautiful. Having confidence and comfort is still a priority.
Earring shopping from Aferando
Going for earring shopping with all the variety and choices is fun, but only if you find the right sellers that give quality and variety for money. Can you imagine going to an event with your beautiful jewelry set only to find another lady wearing the same? People always look for one of a kind sets, and this is the primary reason.
Women often fantasize about the unique and exquisite jewelry sets like those that actresses wear in movies but fail to get their hands on them. However, Aferando is just the right destination for this.
Aferando is the all-time elegant jewelry stop that brings a magnificent jewelry collection and the best designers to you. It is an online portal offering a wide range of beautiful designer earrings and other imitation jewelry to give you the top-notch Bollywood look you crave.
Why go for Aferando?
- Every product is made with premium quality alloy and topped with world-class quality work like Kundan, pearl, and many other varieties.
- Aferando guarantees premium quality, unique and fashion-forward pieces.
- Popular and special edition collections like hand-painted Meenakari work earrings and two-tone plating oxidized earrings are also available.
- It has a one of a kind collection with unique designs inspired by Bollywood celebrities.
- It also has designer earrings for women inspired by Bollywood actresses like Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, and others.
- Apart from earrings shopping, one can even find a wide range of rings at Aferando. From gold plated to Kundan work, all the rings are stunning and enhance the look instantly.
Your search for a unique ethnic earring collection hunt ends here. Get started with earring shopping at Aferando for looks ranging from Bollywood bridal look to party look and stand out from the crowd. Happy earring shopping!